List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: twin kde booting
From:       Keith Antoine <kantoine () eastwind ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-01-28 23:13:44

David Faure wrote:
David,
Thank you for the comments, greatly appreciated.........................

> I don't understand your mail at all.
> What is its goal ?
>
> To receive advice because you can't get it to work ?
> To contribute to the instructions and have them updated
> Since your suggested change above (setting QTDIR to
> /usr/src/qt-copy) seems right, I don't understand this mail.

I have had no success in the past with getting kde2, koffice and Qt
to work. In you mailed script I could see the possiblities coupled
with Chris Molnars binaries of acheiving success. I never really got
past the configure/install stage due to errors. Hence I was trying to
marry the two and being careful that I was correct, seeing I have this
medical problem that stuffed around with shortterm memory, failsafe
email.

> Keep in mind that real packages (with no manual tweaking needed)
> will appear when the stuff is released. It's not, yet.

I am waiting, like others, with baited breath for that release and I
realise
that is sometime away. Just fishing, but approx how long do you think
that
could be. Yes I know there are no guarantees !!

--
Keith Antoine

Step X Step Installation Site: users.nf/linux
Mirror for usrs.nf/linux / www.eastwind.com.au/mirror.htm
Newbies FAQ Calder Lists: users.nf/linux/newbies
Australia : www.eastwind.com.au Kxicq 1511177 Ph: 61 7 33002161