List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Question: RPMs on SuSE
From:       Christopher Molnar <molnarc () nebsllc ! com>
Date:       2000-01-22 22:42:10

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Keith Antoine wrote:

> configures/installs.
> I saw your binaries were available last week and downloaded them,
> however had
> great problems (stalling) with your site, probably traffic related. The
> only file
> that I have been unable due to size was the qt-copy.
> #1 Are there any mirrors for the files, got all the others ok.

If you where trying today to get it I had a system crash. Hard drive took a
"duplicate inode" error, no idea why. Also, some connectivity problems. Sorry
'bout that. No, there are no mirror sites for these files. I have a tough
time adding mirrors when the files need to be updated quite regularly. I
don't want to have old files out there. If everyone is downloading the same
version it is easier to help the masses.

> #2 I am on Caldera will i experience any problems seeing they are setup
> for redhat ?

I wish I could answer this. I think you shouldn't. All the files will install
under /opt/kde2 and qt-copy will install in /usr/src/kde/qt-copy.

If you try, please let us all know if it works.

> Like many others I am dying to see what all the efforts have come up
> with.
>
> Many thanks, was unable to send mail earlier as the smtp server died,
> sort of, only
> just got it fixed. I have a user base, oh yeah i am an ISP, some 22 use
> Caldera can
> I pass the files on to them ?

You are welcome to, but don't make gaurentees about it working. Also, please
... please .... please update your collection when I release new ones.
Problably around Feb. 1st I will try to update again. It takes a full day to
build these things, and I have to try for a few days normally to get a build
with no errors.

Let me know how things turn out...

I hope this help!