List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: File selection dialog
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () carinthia ! com>
Date:       2000-01-18 16:06:17

Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, David Faure wrote:
> >Michael wrote:
> >course
> >>
> >> Or I misunderstood him.
> >
> >You did not :
> >
> >---------
> >(posted on koffice@kde.org on 06/01/2000)
> >
> >Hi!
> >
> >I suggest removing all the USE_QFD stuff again, now that our
> >new and imporved KFD works.
> >
> >What do you think? If noone objects I'll test this and commit
> >tomorrow (08.01.) evening.
> >
> >Werner
> >
> >---------
> >
> >I think the point is that KFD worked at that time (so he thought
> >we were through with all this and could drop QFD support)
> >but since then KFD has been broken again...
> >The only solution I see is someone fixing KFD.
>
> And I answered
>
> --------
> Well, you just need to remove the -DUSE_QFD, that shouldn't be much work :-) No
> need to remove it from the sources yet!
> --------
>
> And I still don't see why the defines have been removed.
>
> --
> Reggie

Doh! I'm guilty of being *very* lazy. If you look at the sources you can
see that I just did minimalistic changes (Q->K and removed/renamed a method)
instead of copying the whole stuff...

I'll fix that this evening that it works with DUSE_QFD, too. Please don't do
that now because then we'll have some serious merging problems.

Just for the records: I didn't break the KFD - KIO broke it, but that's fixed
since "ages" (as Coolo said, it's fixed for 5 days :)

The real problem is that I was unable to debug the dialog because my
compiler (egcs-1.1.2) is buggy (see the bt from a mail I sent a few days ago).
I'll try with gcc-2.95.2 now - hope that helps :)

Werner, who is sorry for all your trouble.

BTW: If KSpread->Open crashes for you, just remove the file
$KDEDIR/share/services/kspread_cvs_dia.desktop