List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Another interesting feature idea for KWord spellchecking.
From:       Aaron Leventhal <aaronl () chorus ! net>
Date:       1999-12-05 17:58:40

Just a note:
Back when I had to deal with spell checking in a word processor for
visually impaired people, I found two features that were actually very
useful to everyone:
* Being able to "Visit the text" at the point of the error, to correct it
by hand. This can be useful when the spell checker has highlighted some
text that isn't as big as the problem area. For example, a spurious hyphen
may make it think there are 2 words to be corrected, when the hyphen just
needs to be deleted.
* Having a "OCR'd text" mode, where the suggestions made were appropriate
to OCR'd text rather than mistyped/misspelled.
Aaron Leventhal

At 10:27 PM 12/4/99 +0000, you wrote:

>> >So your saying this allready happens?  KSpell saves data into the tar
>> >store?
>>
>> No, I just said that KSpell is the place where it has to be done and not
KWord