On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Wilke Havinga wrote: |The problem is with X-fonts in general: ofcourse they are not bad, but the |fonts that come with usually don't include |nicely scalable fonts. yeah. i hadn't really thought about it until reggie brought it up, whereupon i looked in the /scalable directory and found charter, two flavors of courier, and utopia. that's it. i do wish that adding typefaces to X were as easy as it is with practically everything else, alas. |You might want to check out xfstt, a font server for X that can use |M$ Windows (TM) TrueType fonts. I'm also using this, and it makes X (not |only KOffice!) look a lot better. it's probably an irrational prejudice, but i would rather do almost anything else. what i pray for is that some brilliant kde programmer comes up with an applet that automates the cumbersome x typeface installation process. |For information on how to 'de-uglify' your X-fonts, go to |http://www.google.com, and search for 'Font Deuglification Howto'. |If you can't find it, I have a copy lying around on my harddisk somewhere. |Just mail me in private if you want to have it. yup. it's a very good piece. the part about rearranging the order the typefaces are listed in /etc/XF86Config alone justifies the document, to say nothing about the other good stuff there. -- dep__________________________________________________________________ 2000 is a number that breaks computers. 01-01-01 is when the millennium begins.