List:       koffice
Subject:    fix for qt compile - redhat 6.1
From:       dano <bunglier () newmail ! net>
Date:       1999-11-27 1:00:33

I had some problems getting QT to compile.  I edited this script,
/etc/profile.d/qt.sh
which appears to be used to set QTDIR instead of .profile or .login

To compile qt on a redhat 6.1 system, you need to ignore the
installation
procedure from Troll.

    1) make a link from /usr/lib/qt to wherever you installed the qt
tarball

    2) edit the file /etc/profile.d/qt.sh:

# Qt initialization script (sh)
if [ -z "$QTDIR" ] ; then
        QTDIR="/usr/lib/qt"
fi
export QTDIR

    3) relogin, or run qt.sh

Later, if you have to switch between different versions of QT, simply
change the link.

Sorry if this was sent to the wrong place.  It isn't really a bug, just
a detail to contend with.

Dan B