On Sat, 20 Nov 1999, Wilke Havinga wrote: > > Get over it. You also had to click so many times to get them on the > > screen in the first place. > > > > Cheers, > > Waldo > > Okay, maybe this is an interesting idea: in WindowMaker when you click the > 'close'-button (which is much like the close-button on the upper-right > corner of every KDE-window), only that window is closed. > However, when you hold the Ctrl-key while clicking it, the program (unix > process) is 'kill -9'-ed. Very handy for programs that don't react on the > normal 'Close' command (i.e. Netscape often needs this on my computer ;). > > This way you can create some extra keys for the 'poweruser', while the > normal user might never use this feature. > > You might not want to 'kill -9', but at least you can close all windows of > an application (read: unix process) when Ctrl is hold. > > However, I can see problems with programs that open many windows with > different filetypes (someone mentioned the picture viewer). > > Let me know what you think about this. Ctrl-Alt-Esc provides something like this. Cheers, Waldo