Hello,
 My name is Abdallah Deeb, I am a consultant and a programmer in Lebanon. Along with some friends I am starting a Linux Arabization project that would mean some real work done mostly in the universities we belong to. We'll be using the next release from GTK+ that's supposed to support UNICODE. Mostly our plans are just beginning to form now, but helping the development of an office suite like yours would be a great boost.
 As I already said this is all volunteer work, and we'd really like to help out. This way maybe we can have a working Arabic version of KOffice along with the English or otherwise Latin based release ...
 Please do contact us asap...

thank  you for your time,
Sincerely,
Abdallah Deeb