List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Current kword features ?
From:       Lasse Jansson <lasse.jansson () telia ! com>
Date:       1999-11-17 21:02:41

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Lasse Jansson wrote:
> >What kword features are supposed to work currently ?
> >
> >wysiwyg does not seem to work altogether:
> >- I would expect objects drawn in embedded kpresenter frames to be visible all
> >the time, but they are only shown when I am editing the kpresenter frame
> >- The objects are not included in printouts either
> >
> >Can you please update me on whether this is how things work currently or
> >whether there is something wrong in my setup ?
>
> This is not really KWord related - ok it is somehow :-)) I haven´t implemented
> in KWord and in KPresenter the methodes so that they work correctly as embedded
> parts. I will do that before Crash.

Great, thanks for your good work, I'm looking forward to that :-)

> Anyway, this is not related to KWord´s features and has nothing todo with
> wysiwyg! Using KWord not embedded (as normal App) works fine.

I know there is of course no "firm specification" on  KWord's features, but
I'll try to clarify what I meant: I am using a KWord document, and in that doc
I want to include some simple drawings - so then I use the appropriate koffice
tool for this, i.e. KPresenter. I do this by embedding a KPresenter frame into
the KWord doc. I imagined that this embedded frame and all of its contents would
then be included into the view (and printout) as e.g. an "anchored frame" in
Framemaker.

Lasse