List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: koffice tar file
From:       Erik Severinghaus <erik () linux ! com>
Date:       1999-11-16 0:47:33

David Faure wrote:

> > I downloaded koffice-19991027.tar.bz2 from Linuxberg as it was Qt2.0
> 19991027 ? There are newer snapshots AFAIK, on ftp.kde.org
>
> > compatible. I have kde 1.1.2 and Caldera 2.3, which I thought
> > came with Qt2.0, is this correct ?
> Don't know, but KDE needs a Qt 2.1 snapshot anyway, so that wouldn't help.
>
> > As the .configure states that I do not have 2.0. How
> > do I find the version of Qt thats on my setup, what command
> > do I use. If
> > I install Qt 2.1 will that snapshot work with that version ? Qt
> > snapshot-19991114 is the version I have downloaded.
> That's the correct one.
> Make sure you set QTDIR to it, and if you have Qt 1 in /usr (thank the FHS)
> you need to pass extra options to configure, or even to 'hide' it
> temporarily
> (I'm still not sure what the correct thing to do is, since I'm not in this
> case).
> See ./configure --help.

Just for reference, I had major problems compiling when I set my QTDIR
environment variable. Configure would work fine, but it would try to link
against my Qt1.44 libraries. I found using the ./configure
--with-qt-includes=<your qt2 headers> --with-qt-lib=<your qt2 libs> works fine
and links correctly. Same goes with KDE headers/libs also. (This is a Mandrake
6.1 system)

> Make sure you read the KOffice FAQ on koffice.kde.org if not already done.
>
> --
> David Faure
> faure@kde.org - KDE developer
> david@mandrakesoft.com - Mandrake