List:       koffice
Subject:    AW: Technical Editor for book about KOffice.
From:       "Schmidt, Frank-Andreas" <Frank-Andreas.Schmidt () sig ! siemens ! de>
Date:       1999-11-15 12:36:11

I´m interested to do some work for that book on KOffice or for the KOffice project \
generally. But I´m afraid that I´m not too deep in the technical details.
I´m a typical user. For 1,5 ys. I´m using the LINUX / KDE and -for the future- intend \
to use KOffice instead of StarOffice to have a productive environment without \
spending that much money. I´m sick of all that WINDOOFS stuff that costs a lot of \
money, functions poor and has no support.

My vision is a LINUX distribution, containing KDE, KOffice and other useful programms \
together with a helpful setup routine that allows the average-intelligent computer \
user to setup his system to be productive from the start. The average user, as I am \
one, wants to write documents, calculate, draw, store data, send and receive mail and \
fax, use a news-system and perhaps has remote-login.

In this sense a book should be written to guide a user step-by-step to get a fully \
functioning productive office environment. I would like to contribute to that by \
every thing you want me to do except programming code.

So, if you or the author of the KOffice book are looking for a person to be able to \
look through the "user-glasses", I´m your man.

In any other case I apologize for the inconvenience to read the mail.

With greetings from -the arctic rain forest-

F.-A. Schmidt