List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Misc KOffice stuff :)
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-06 20:24:33

Werner Trobin wrote:

> Reggie: Would it be a problem to implement a "special" feature
> in the new FileDialog (for saving)? *duck* >:)
> It would be *really* cool if you could name a file "myfile" and
> the filedialog would add the current extension (e.g. ".kwd").
> I know that some people will say: "I don't want the FileDialog
> add extensions to the name!", but I think this is quite handy.
> Maybe it could be made configurable? *taking cover*

Should be easy to do. So you mean you want a default extension,
right? This would at least require kfiledialog to not show
the full URL - but I would go with the windows solution there
anyway. The directory is shown already in the combo box -
no real need to make the directory changable through the location
edit :)

Greetings, Stephan

--
Everyone makes mistakes -- but we are more experienced at it
                                      anonymous KDE developer