List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: I know this is annoying, but
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-10-29 12:24:18

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Claus Wilke wrote:

> stuff". If you release KDE under the GPL, as opposed to, e.g., the LGPL, you
> prohibit *any* commercial plugins to your software. And I think this is something
> you should consider very carefully, and use the GPL only if you really want
> to do this. As koffice, as far as I can see, turns more and more into a

To make things short: KDE has the very same opinion like Linus. Every
plugin (they are called modules with respect to the linux kernel) is not
considered a derivative work and may be licensed differently as long as
the plugins use the advertized public interace.

Regards,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Herrenbergerstr. 14, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
KDE:  A stable GUI for a reliable OS.