List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KChart
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cs ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       1999-10-24 0:01:56

> Whenever I start kchart I only get a gray widget and nothing more (no menu,
> toolbar, or even a chart/diagramm)
>
> But as I see lots of committs to kchart and I saw it drawing nice charts and
> KDE II, I know that it can do more than that. So, could somebody please
> enighten me how I can get some charts displayed. Thanx a lot!

 Ok, so the status is the following:

  -right now the engine is broken and Kalle is working on it. I think the
only problem is that when some of the internal parameters were moved out,
some of them are not initialized correctly, so the engine goes crazy. I
think that this should be a one liner, but very hard to find, as the code
is cryptic as hell.

  -on the other hand, you need to give him some data. That can be done
    -either in calling it from kspread.
    -or by calling the Edit/Edit - which initializes with a 4x4 table, and
then goes into a small editor (which initially I think that it was put by
Reggie into kdiagram, but I hacked it into KChart). This way you get some
drawing but it is ugly as hell, because of the problems in the engine.

   So this things will speed up when the engine is cleaned up.

                  Lotzi