List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice Probs on Systems99
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       1999-10-19 18:59:32

Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, michael.reiher@gmx.de wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Ok, everything calmed down. No we've time to write emails;-)
> >We have some problems here with some koffice apps.
> >KWord and KPresenter are crashing after pressing "OK" in the initial
> >dialog.
> >This is the output:
> >
> >koffice (lib kofficecore): KoFilterEntry::query( Export ==
> >'application/x-kword', <ignored> )
> >koffice (lib kofficecore): Query returned 1 offers
> >
> >kiolib (KMimeType): ================== 76 MTs ==========
> >koffice (lib kofficecore): KoDocument::loadFromURL(
> >/opt/kde-CVS/share/apps/kword/templates/Wordprocessing/PlainText.kwt )
> >koffice (lib kofficecore): PATTERN=<?xm
> >koffice (lib kofficecore): KoDocument::load( istream& in, KoStore*
> >_store )
> >koffice (lib kofficecore): PATTERN2=<?xm
> >Segmentation
> >fault
>
> I canīt reproduce that, works fine here.
Yippy, I found it! Though it is a bit strange.
What does for instance in KPresenterView::initGui() the line
( (KColorAction*)actionTextColor )->setColor( Qt::black ); ?
If I got it right it should call KColorAction->setColor(), no?
But it never seems to reach it. The variable itself seems to be ok. But
it just segfaults. In KWordView::initGui() it's similar. Commenting out
these *->setColor() lines helps temporarly. OTOH setColor() at other
places doesn't crash:-|. Hmm, maybe it's again just this screwed up
RedHat system;-)

Something else: How far does embedding work at the moment? I can't edit
stuff for instance or move the embedded parts in kword around(i.e. they
don't get a frame).

Greets

Michael