List:       koffice
Subject:    Future of koml ?
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-10-14 20:19:47

What's the plan for koml ?
It currently uses stl.
Should it be ported to QTL, or should we get rid of it
and use qxml/qdom ?

I am in favor of the first solution because it's much less work
(and I've started it but just a little), but if there are
huge limitations in koml, then I would agree to switch, of course.

One of the problems is that the store stream derives from ostream,
so using QTextStream (which has no 'binding' to ostream), is really
a problem. One solution would be to derive the koStore streams from QTextStream
and use QTL everywhere, but that's some work as well. Another solution,
the opposite, would be to keep tostrstream (similar to storestream but for
strings, currently defined in torben.h :) - but to port it to QString...

Torben ?

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org