List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: A book on KOffice
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-10-13 10:35:54

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Rafael Cordones Marcos wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 08:00:30PM +0200, Harri Porten wrote:
>> Mary Griffith wrote:
>> >
>> > Dear Folks:
>> >
>> >         A publisher is interested in having a book written on KOffice. I have
>> > taken on the project, and need a contact. To whom do I direct my queries?
>>
>> To this list I would say.
>>
>> Note: Don't update your CVS now if you are interested in a stable
>> version. The whole koffice is undergoing a major rewrite (canossa) that
>> will make things much better.
>>
>> Harri.
>
>I need to make a presentation with KPresenter in a couple of weeks and
>would like somebody to point me to a "stable" release. I know KOffice is
>undergoing a major rewrite... where can I get a more stable
>KOffice. Maybe the diffs? But what date?

KPresenter is already ported and works quite fine with the new framework. IŽd
suggest to wait for e.g. one more week (as you seem to have some time) until
everthing is merged back into the KOffice module and use the new stuff then, as
it is more stable, much faster, uses less mem and is easier to compile :-)

--
Reggie