List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Problem with kdelibs compiling 2
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-09-29 7:49:16

On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 09:37:08AM +0200, Eric Fernandez-Bellot wrote:
> Hello
> I wrote yesterday about my problem to compile kdelibs/corba/kom (CUTE.h)
> with the 19990924 version. I have tried the 19990928 version and it
> compiled well. I had another error : mico-cpp command not found, but it was
> a problem of PATH not correctly set (for other people having the same
> problem : do not forget to add the <installation path of KDE2>/bin to your
> path).
More exactly, this should be :
add <installation path of MICO>/bin to your path, if necessary.

> This evening I compile kdebase and koffice (i should write : this whole
> night ;-))
>
> Eric
> PS : Thank you David, i send you my /kom/Makefile that did not work for
> your information
(already answered)
> PS2: sorry for my inexperience, as soon as i succeed to install koffice, i
> will make a home page : the koffice compiling and installation for the
> very-very-novice !!

We miss a good "compilation & installation steps" for KDE with a troubleshooting section :)
The KOffice web site (FAQ) is quite good on this, but the problems
like the one above should rather go in the KDE's FAQ, since they concern kdelibs.

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org