Hi everybody! I've been using KOffice for quite a while now, recompiling every week or so and I must admit I'm really impressed by the speed it is developing :-) Keep up the good work! That was the good news, now for the bad: this evening I've for the first time hit what I consider quite a severe bug in KSpread or any of the libraries it uses: I chose Help->Using KSpread from the menu and as nothing seemed to happened clicked on another menu. This caused parts of X to lock up - the mouse pointer moved, but there was no reaction to clicks. I could use the keyboard but Ctrl+Alt+Esc didn't work. KSpread wasn't even usable with te keyboard, but responding to repaint events. When I tried to reproduce this behaviour, I managed to completely lock up X with the same steps with nothing but a hard reset working... I used nohup to start KSpread and here are its last words : ----8<---- bool KSpreadView::mappingCreateToolbar( OpenPartsUI::ToolBarFactory_ptr _factory ) *2) VIEW void KOMBase::refcnt() = 62 partsui (corba): Calling method helpUsing KStdDirs::findResDir(): can't find "C/kspread/kspread.html" in type "html". KStdDirs::findResDir(): can't find "default/kspread/kspread.html" in type "html". no help file kspread/kspread.html found partsui (corba): Call done partsui (corba): Call done Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x18ef)! ---->8---- I couldn't reproduce the bug in KWord. Greetings, Michael -- |\/|_ -=> Michael Ritzert <=- | |_) GloBE technology | \ ritzert@globe-tec.de