List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Does Koffice really require KDE 2.0?
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-09-19 3:26:13

On Sat, 18 Sep 1999 jiva@devware.com wrote:

> Is there any way to make it run say in 1.1.2?  Say by static linking or
> something like that?

Yes, it's possible but wizardly

> And if not, is KDE 2.0 in any way slightly stable
> enough to actually use to do a presentation with or something?

Yes, very stable. Configuring parallel KDE-1 and KDE-2 systems is no
rocket science. Ain't newbie stuff either.

I gave a presentation this week and used KPresenter. Excellent!! I even
configured the machine by telnet 2 days before presentation, had no chance
to use X remotely or to check my config before presentation, and still,
all went perfectly.

Proof: http://www.kde.org/kdeslides/

most of these presentations were done with KPresenter.

Cristian