List:       koffice
Subject:    koffice howto ?
From:       Lasse Jansson <lasse.jansson () telia ! com>
Date:       1999-09-17 17:34:16

Hi,

1. Thanks to all of the KDE developers community, I am trying out KDE2 and
Koffice and it seems really great. I really appreciate your efforts.

2. I am trying to test embedding in kword, but I cannot get it to work. Of
course this may be because the alpha version I happen to have at the
moment (from CVS yesterday noon) does not work, but presuming that this is not
the reason I have some basic questions:

a) Is there any "manual" around somewhere where the basic features and
operations of koffice are explained ? I could not find any documentation in the
compiled package. (I understand that no extensive documentation is at hand yet,
but e.g. an on-line article on the topic of koffice basic operation would
probably do it if it exists)

If there is no "manual", I have some basic questions
b) What degree of embedding is supposed to work in kword right now,
- Copying an object from a kpresnter doc to a kpresenter frame in kword ?
- Having the tools from kpresenter to appear in the kword environment when I
want to draw objects in the kpresnter frame ?
- Or should work in a totally different manner

c) Can you briefly explain how to produce a kword doc with embedded kpresenter
objects, kspread tables and pictures (e.g. JPG) ?

Thanks for your time,

Lasse