List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: support
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () carinthia ! com>
Date:       1999-09-17 15:03:36

Michael Koch wrote:

> > > Eheh, if only... Try --enable-final on a 486 with 1GB RAM :)
> > > RAM isn't enough, alas... Brute computing power is needed as well.
> > >
> > > BTW, did anybody really try --enable-final on koffice ? :)
> >
> > Sure, I do it all the time. And trust me: it makes compilation
> > only faster for the price of memory usage.
>
> How much mem should I have ? I think 128M are not enough.

Here it compiles with a 200MMX 128MB RAM and 120MB SWAP without
any problems. The processes aren't that large, "only" about 120MB
(in comparison with 70-90MB :)

BTW: kdelibs/kdecore fails with --enable-final. I wanted to fix it,
but I didn't know how. Coolo said something about sorted headers, but
I still don't know what to do exactly...

Werner