List:       koffice
Subject:    Embedding
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-09-14 23:03:44

... will be my next task, of course.
Something I noticed is that the way the user can embed objects from
another koffice apps is VERY different from one app to another.
I think this should made consistent.
kspread has a submenu in "Edit", and tells about objects
kpresenter has common ones + "Objects" in the Tools menu
  (is a KWord doc a tool ? :)
kword tells about creating Frames, has the common ones and the generic one
is called "Parts".

This is not dumb criticism, because I am also going to change it :)
I'd just like to know which way is preferred.
(I dislike kspread's submenu, so I would rather go for the kpresenter way,
but I'd prefer the "Insert" menu rather than the "Tools" menu)
Opinions ?

(I'm posting this now in order to let some time to reach a decision.
Meanwhile, I'll try to actually fix embedding :))

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org