List:       koffice
Subject:    Thai X fonts not displayed - was: Re: Implementing hyphenation / wordwrap for Thai
From:       Rudiger Koch <rkoch () sas ! co ! th>
Date:       1999-09-12 3:30:54

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Rudiger Koch wrote:
> >- I couldn't get Thai fonts to show up in KWord and KIllustrator, probably
> >  because they don't use X fonts. Do they use Ghostscript fonts? I
>
> They use X fonts!!!!!!!

Then I guess we found a bug. KWord' font selector lets me choose a Thai font.
KWord displays another font, though. The font selector remembers the chosen
Thai font and shows it correctly.

The Thai vowel "ai" for instance has the same code as the German Umlaut "ä".
Upon typing "ai", "ä" is displayed in a font that looks like Times.

Same thing in KIllustrator. KPresenter works fine. In KSpread, no Thai fonts
appear in the font selector.

If needed I can send you screenshots of KWord and KPresenter to illustrate
that.

-Rudiger

--
 Software Advanced Solutions           Fon: +66 76 218 826
 48 Villa 1 Yaowarat Soi 1             Fax: +66 76 214 041

 // Why use Windows when the door is open and free of charge?
 // Linux: The choice of a GNU generation