List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Printing "strange" fonts
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-09-02 6:48:02

On Thu, 02 Sep 1999, Kai-Uwe Sattler wrote:
>On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 08:07:49PM +0200, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
>> When I was in Oslo a month ago he told me that he has done some new work on
>> QPrinter, but it didn't make it into 2.0. Maybe 2.1 :-)
>>
>> >A second point is: zooming fonts in a QPainter results
>> >in ugly screen output and therefore in exported raster images, too. Maybe
>> >we can do something with regard to this.
>>
>> Yes, I think Haavard has already done some work on that. We know the problem
>> and will improve that.
>>
>> --
>> Reggie
>>
>Good news ! Could you give us some information about it ?

About what? :-))

Because of the QPrinter stuff: I can't remember exactly what it was, I'll ask
Arnt ASA I talk to him the next time. Because of QPainter scaling and fonts:
IIRC the font's are not really scaled anymore but another font size is chosed
which (or better whoes fontmetrics) fits best into the required rectangle. So
scaling fonts is smoother. Anything else? :-))

--
Reggie