List:       koffice
Subject:    kdelib configure failed
From:       "Morrow, Jeffrey S" <jeffrey.s.morrow () intel ! com>
Date:       1999-08-28 1:55:50

I'm trying to koffice installed so that I can contribute some programming
effort.  The build system is using a fresh Redhat6.0 install.  Qt2.0 & mico
are compiled and installed.

I downloaded the following snapshots:
kdesupport-19990825.tar
kdelibs-19990826.tar

I have already compiled the kdesupport package and installed it, no problems
there.

I'm having a problem getting kdelibs to complete the configure step.    I'm
getting the following error (configure output):

checking for libjpeg6b... no
checking for libjpeg... no
configure: error:
You need jpeglib6b. Please install the kdesupport package.
If you have already installed kdesupport you may have an
old libjpeg somewhere.
In this case copy /lib/libjpeg* to /usr/lib.

I have the following jpeg pakages installed from the redhat6.0 rpm
directory:
libjpeg6a-6a-4
libjpeg-6b-9

The configure failed both when libjpeg-6b was installed by itself, and with
libjpeg6a added.

I've checked the /usr/lib directories and I have the following jpeg libs:
libimlib-jpeg.so
libjpeg.so.6
libjpeg.so.6.0.1
libjpeg.so.62