List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: MDI Support in KOffice
From:       Michael Koch <m_koch () bigfoot ! de>
Date:       1999-08-06 17:50:51

Hi Larry,

Am Fre, 06 Aug 1999 schrieb Larry Toppi:

> Are there any plans to support the Multiple Document interface in KOffice
applications ?

Why should we use MDI in koffice. IMHO MDI is a very bad and windowslike
interface. We shouldn't make the same errors as windows. MDI is confusing. A
few shells are better. You can position then, where you want (even possible in
MDI, I know), but you can position them on different virtual screens (not
possible with MDI), Thats a big advantage of not using MDI.

Larry, that's my personal opinion. I don't know how other KOffice developers
think about it.

Ciao,
Michael
--
Michael Koch

KDE fan, enthusiast and developer

student of computer science at university of applied sciences of Darmstadt, Germany

koch@kde.org, m_koch@bigfoot.de, mkoch@mail.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de
http://www.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de/~mkoch