List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice websites (another possible design)
From:       Joel Sing <jsing () bssc ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-07-29 13:36:18

Hi All,

>> word?) menus are better? At least they give the choice to go straight where
>> you want to, and still see all the possibilities. Sure, it's a problem of
>> screen space versus speed... Small screens -> better scroll down, high
>> speed -> better click to go to another page. I am of the last ones (OC3
>> here), so I definitively vote for an extra page... but I know that for
>> people with modems /slow connections it's better not to multiply pages;
>
>Hrm.  Well, if I run the window at 640x480, you can still see the whole
>thing with just one pagedn or pageup, and that's just as easy to reach as a
>click (I'd say easier, but then I like the keyboard more than the mouse).
I agree with you (plus I use the keyboard more than the mouse). I would
rather download one page (even if it takes time) rather than having to
download a new each time I want to see the sub items. This quickly becomes
annoying especially on a slow link.

>I wouldn't want it to get much longer, but I don't really think it's
>inordinately long now... I'll poke at it and see if I can make it some
>shorter.
I don't think it is really to long or to short. It's just nice!

>I want to redo these (and do some for the sub pages) when I am to get
>KOffice installed locally and can take my own shots with this purpose in
>mind.  If someone else wants to do this now, please do.  The image needs to
>be 135 pixels tall, with the top 5 and bottom 5 pixels as a white border.
>The individual shots shouldn't be wider than 200 pixels each, so 3 fit when
>the page is in a standard 800x600 window.
Would someone who has KOffice running like to do this job??

>Really, I think "compliant" means "it has to be totally useable", and it
>is.  You won't be denied access to anything.  I think one or two extra
>"window decorations" like this aren't a big deal.
I like the way the graphic works at the moment. I personally don't think it
will be a big problem providing KFM supports it fairly soon. It is still
certainly useable without it!

Cheers,

Joel Sing

     => Joel Sing | jsing@bssc.edu.au | ICQ#28726074 <=