List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice websites (another possible design)
From:       Joel Sing <jsing () bssc ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-07-28 7:32:45

Hi All,

>Things I like about this design:
>- It's simple, clean and professional looking, IMO.
>- It dynamically adjusts to fit the width of their screen (try it).
>- It's easy to navigate like the existing framed version, but doesn't use
>  frames.
>
>Things I don't like:
>- It does use the one CSS element, which KFM can't see.  I did have this
>  just as a <td background=""> tag, but KFM can't do that either and it's
>  not a valid tag in HTML 4.0 so I just did it the CSS way.  I think it
>  looks fine anyway in KFM without.
>- It's a bit big, but still very manageable (and smaller than most
>  comparable sites).  The largest element is the top graphic and that loads
>  last, so people don't have to wait for it.
>- It doesn't use the logo from the current KOffice site, which I think is
>  somewhat official.  The colors and design didn't really work with what I
>  wanted to try.  How tied are we to that logo?  If it's a done deal, we
>  should probably just design around that.
>
>Other comments?
This is one very clean, professional, well designed site (IMO). I like the
map down the side of the page as it gives (will give) quick access to the
rest of the site. The image at the top make it look useable and it resizes
very nicely (as it is not a critical part of the site). The little icons,
if kept small in size are very effective as a look of people navigate
better by pictures rather than words. If I were you I would keep working on
this design!

Is it possible to make the large image white to start with (before it
loads). Black just looks a bit to loud on the white page.

Regards,

Joel Sing

     => Joel Sing | jsing@bssc.edu.au | ICQ#28726074 <=