List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Helping :-)
From:       David Faure <david.faure () insa-lyon ! fr>
Date:       1999-07-26 9:07:59

!?! This _is_ koffice@kde.org !

> 2.12 I like this project! How can I contribute?
> *   donate money or hardware :-) Yes, this is needed in free software
>     development, too, e.g. for extending the KOffice server.
>
> Do you have a mechinism set up for this?  What kind of hardware do you
> really need?  And what kind of money would make a differance?
>
> Like, I have some old hardware parts, if they would do you any good.

Yes, hardware can help us a lot, as well as financial donations (for organising
events such as KDE Two, for instance).
Hold on, you will be contacted by somebody else from the KDE Team about
the details for donations.

> And, if people in general wanted to donate $100-$200 that they would
> othewise pay to buy Microsoft Office or Applix or something, would that
> be enough to really help at all, where would the money go exactly, and
> what kind of impact would it make?
Hum, most people using koffice _don't_ want to pay money for it. Remember,
it's free software.

> Since this is all non-profit, is there any tax writeoff for donations?
I think so.

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org