List:       koffice
Subject:    KOffice Web Site Map
From:       Joel Sing <jsing () bssc ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-07-24 14:14:07

Hi All,

I have just finished putting together a very brief map of the KOffice
Web Site. Please read through it a pull it to bits, make comments,
suggestions, etc.

The headings are categories and the items are separate pages. Ie.
Information is a category and - Latest News is a web page. Items with
question marks are simply suggestions (as with all of it I guess ;)

====== KOffice Web Site Map =======

Intro/Home/Main or whatever you want to call it (index.html).
- - KOffice Overview
- - Index/TOC

Information
- - Latest News
- - Documentation?
- - Wish List?
- - Developers Gallery?

Installing KOffice
- - How to Install KOffice
- - Download
- - Mirrors

KOffice Components/Applications (which is correct?)
(For each of the following - About, Screenshots, Developers, etc)
- - KSpread
- - KPresenter
- - KIllustrator
- - KWord
- - KFormula
- - KDiagramm
- - KImage
- - Katabase

Contacts (Can someone give this a better name?)
- - Developers
- - Mailing Lists
- - Bug Reporting

Supporting KOffice
- - How to support KOffice
- - Supporters of KOffice

======

I think the following should be adhered to during the development:
- - Page style should be kept consistant across the entire site
- - Screenshots should be thumbnails with links to larger images
(nothing worse then having to download several hundred Kb of images
just to have a quick look!). You can also get more on one page.
- - All pages should have a link back to main/home (index.html) page.
This makes it easy to get back to the start and prevents people from
getting lost.

For each of the applications there should be a link to an
overview/about page for that application. From that page you should be
able to access screenshots, developers, etc. for that application
(similar to existing pages but more information/content).

Cheers,

Joel Sing

     => Joel Sing | jsing@bssc.edu.au | ICQ#28726074 <=