List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: koffice <-> kdebase
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-06-25 17:52:09

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Michael Koch wrote:

> How about writing a part wrapper around khtml. Then we have a part and all
> features are in it that kde supports.

That's exactly what the HTML view component in Konqueror is. It's a part
child (it doesn't need a full-featured GUI), uses libkio/kioslaves and
provides some menu elements (via the Konqueror::View interface) .
But that doesn't mean that you can embed it in koffice applications
without extra code in the apps itself. KoHTML is just a koffice-wrapper
around KonqHTMLView, so that it is embeddable/useable in other koffice
apps without such modifications.

It was just that I thought that it's obsolete now, but Torben convinced
me, as there's a visual difference between imported HTML in KWord and
"native" khtml (which doesn't require you to import the whole document
from new, just because you changed some html code ;-)

And as long as there's no full-fledged koffice html editor app, KoHTML
might be (or is at least for me, as I use it for private stuff) handy for
html documents in koffice apps.

Ciao,
  Simon

--