On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Tomas Cernaj wrote: > Seems like egcc is only present on Debian systems (I think that's why > Stephan agreed). Does it work with "CC=egcs" on other systems? FWIW, if you install egcs as a port (for instance on 3.2 or a snapshot on -current), it gets installed as egcc, eg++, etc, etc on FreeBSD. But if you're stuck with Linux, I guess this wouldn't mean much. OTOH, I have never seen the egcs executable be named "egcs". Usually when you install it it will get named prefix/bin/{gcc,g++,etc,etc}, where prefix is /usr/local by default. - alex