List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: koffice and FreeBSD 3.2
From:       Marc van Kempen <marc () bowtie ! nl>
Date:       1999-06-14 9:05:54

> > > I cvsupped kdelibs and koffice today (1999-06-10) and
> > > compiled them without problems. (I had to specify
> > > -lc_r -lreadline in the LIBPYTHON directive)
> > Hmm, what's libc_r? Is this a standard library or is it a special
> > library for readline? It's not too important as the python check
> > has been removed anyway :)
>
> Well, the *proper* way to request pthread support is IIRC with -pthread as
> part of the CXX/CFLAGS.  If your copy of egcs doesn't support this, grab a
> newer port, or upgrade to -CURRENT.

Ha, I don't know if I'm ready to do that ;-), but I'll get the development
port for egcs, which has a snapshot from 19990524.

Hopefully, that will solve my other problems too. By the way, since
you're implying that I should run FreeBSD-CURRENT, do you run FreeBSD?
and how does koffice run for you?

Regards,
Marc.

Marc van Kempen                 BowTie Technology
Email: marc@bowtie.nl            WWW & Databases
tel. +31 40 2 43 20 65
fax. +31 40 2 44 21 86         http://www.bowtie.nl