List:       koffice
Subject:    koffice and FreeBSD 3.2
From:       Marc van Kempen <marc () bowtie ! nl>
Date:       1999-06-11 21:33:07

Hi,

I have been trying to get koffice to run over the last week, and after
solving several problems, I managed to get it to compile, however
when I (for example) run kword, the following happens:

> kword
kde_bindir() is obsolete. Try to use KStandardDirs instead
kde_bindir() is obsolete. Try to use KStandardDirs instead
Codec for C (0x8188300) is <null>
Session management error: SESSION_MANAGER environment variable not defined
kde_configdir() is obsolete. Try to use KStandardDirs instead
adding mix /home/marc/.kde/share/config/ for type config
adding mix /usr/local/kde-2.0/share/config/ for type config
KStdDirs::findResDir(): can't find "C/LC_MESSAGES/kword.mo" in type "locale".
KStdDirs::findResDir(): can't find "C/LC_MESSAGES/kdelibs.mo" in type "locale".

at this point I get a long timeout (1 or 2 minutes I think) and then
the program continues with the following:

KStdDirs::findResDir(): can't find "C/LC_MESSAGES/koffice.mo" in type "locale".
kde_datadir() is obsolete. Try to use KStandardDirs instead
kde_toolbardir() is obsolete. Try to use KStandardDirs instead
kde_datadir() is obsolete. Try to use KStandardDirs instead
kde_datadir() is obsolete. Try to use KStandardDirs instead
adding mix /home/marc/.kde/share/icons/ for type icon
adding mix /usr/local/kde-2.0/share/icons/ for type icon
Segmentation fault

I have egcs 1.1.2 installed and mico 2.2.6. I had some trouble compiling
mico, since the FreeBSD linker doesn't find libraries that end in
libfoo.so.x.y without a link to libfoo.so. (this was with configure)
After that configure fails to dynamically load the library with dlopen
because of a missing symbol, I hacked around that by overriding the
define in configure that determines wether dynamic loading succeeds
or not.
After that I managed to compile mico without problems (although
it took the better part of the day :))

I cvsupped kdelibs and koffice today (1999-06-10) and
compiled them without problems. (I had to specify
-lc_r -lreadline in the LIBPYTHON directive)

Anyway, can someone offer me some hints on how to proceed?
Can it be a mico problem? And if so, how can I make sure?

Regards,
Marc.