List:       koffice
Subject:    Suggestion to KOffice
From:       Gabor Kuti <kgb () k2 ! jozsef ! kando ! hu>
Date:       1999-06-08 7:11:19

Hi!

I'm one of those who are waiting for KOffice like a
"messiah", as I think it is THE thing yet to be released to
offer KDE as a 100% solution to anyone wishing to leave
windows for good. Therefore, although I am not a coder by
any means (unfortunately :( ) I have a question regarding
KOffice: why is KProject not a part of the new, cool and
deeply integrated Office package? I think many people (and
even more companies) have a great need for a project
creating/monitoring application. Actually, I think MSProject
is one of the very few good applications ever created at
that company :).
I saw a year back KProject started, then the project
stopped. Finally somebody picked up the trail in March,
created a new page, a few screenshots, but apparently it
stopped again. Is there a reason for not including it in
KOffice (aside from the additional work it would impose on
the developers, of course) or it has never been evaluated as
an option? This is a question to KOffice developers, mainly
but maybe someone can answer the question. Thank you in
advance,

Gabor