List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kded not started
From:       Lasse Jansson <lasse.jansson () telia ! com>
Date:       1999-06-06 6:38:07

But I guess you and Harri are not the only ones.
I (one of the "rather ignorant in programming, but still trying"-users) have the
same problem too:

kde_bindir() is obsolete. Try to use KStandardDirs instead
kde_bindir() is obsolete. Try to use KStandardDirs instead
kde_configdir() is obsolete. Try to use KStandardDirs instead
kde_configdir() is obsolete. Try to use KStandardDirs instead
QGDict::hashStringKey: Invalid null key
adding mix /opt/kde/share/locale/ for type locale
looking for filename /opt/kde/share/locale/C/LC_MESSAGES/kword.mo
looking for filename /opt/kde/share/locale/C/LC_MESSAGES/kdelibs.mo
exception handling not supported,
the following exception has been thrown:
  IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_PARAM:1.0 (0, not-completed)
Aborted (core dumped)

My system = rh 5.2, egcs 1.1.2
kde 1.1.1 installed in /opt/kde
correct versions of mico, python automake etc.
qt = 2.00beta1-snapshot-19990604
kdelibs & koffice = 19990605 installed in /opt/kde

Has anybody found the root cause yet ? Is it perhaps even something very
trivial ? I mean, since you could make it work on another pc.

/Lasse