List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kded not started
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1999-06-05 19:23:17

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > Shouldn't kded get started automatically? It's not the case for me. So, if I
> > just start e.g. KWord and say file->open it crashes because of a mico
> > exception (in the koFilter stuff). When I start kded manually first,
> > everything works fine.
>
> Hm, it works fine here.
> The debug output also should say something.
>
> Perhaps you can copy&paste the output of KWord from the beginning until it
> is completely loaded?

Answering on the behalf of Reggie:

> kword
kde_bindir() is obsolete. Try to use KStandardDirs instead
kde_bindir() is obsolete. Try to use KStandardDirs instead
kde_configdir() is obsolete. Try to use KStandardDirs instead
kde_configdir() is obsolete. Try to use KStandardDirs instead
QGDict::hashStringKey: Invalid null key
KStdDirs::findResDir(): can't find "de/charset" in type "locale".
KStdDirs::findResDir(): can't find "de_DE/charset" in type "locale".
KStdDirs::findResDir(): can't find "de/charset" in type "locale".
KStdDirs::findResDir(): can't find "de/LC_MESSAGES/kword.mo" in type
"locale".
KStdDirs::findResDir(): can't find "de/LC_MESSAGES/kdelibs.mo" in type
"locale".
exception handling not supported,
the following exception has been thrown:
  IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_PARAM:1.0 (0, not-completed)
Aborted

I can't remember seeing the "locale" errors before but I've been
experiencing the same problem with every koffice app for at least a week
as well.

Harri.