List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: FAQ not helping :)
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-06-05 12:57:35

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Jost Schenck wrote:

> On Sat, 05 Jun 1999, David Faure wrote:
> >On Sat, Jun 05, 1999 at 12:53:17AM -0400, Jon Lippincott wrote:
> >> I managed to get ./configure to work after I got later kdelibs, but
> >> now I"m getting that "can't find koffice.h" error described on the
> >> FAQ.  However, what is suggested there doesn't do anything.  It says
> >> to cd libs/kofficecore; make koffice.h which doesn't work since I
> >> don't *have* koffice.h.
> >It's supposed to BUILD it from koffice.idl
> >
> >So, your kdelibs built ok. Did you install it ?
> >Then in koffice .. does it detect the right kdelibs + mico ?
> >What does make exactly say in koffice/lib/kofficecore ?
> >(both when running "make" and "make koffice.h" ?
>
> If it doesn't make them automatically, you might want to do it manually:
> "idl -I<some include paths I don't know right now> koffice.idl"
> (it's gonna complain about not finding certain idl files, just add their paths
> to the include paths). However I haven't built Koffice in the last time.

I'm not sure about which version you're talking about, the old qt1.4x
based or bleeding edge 2.0, but:
The current CVS version does not generate koffice.cc/h from koffice.idl.
In fact it's impossible to generate them automatically because of a bug in
mico's idl compiler which creates a buggy koffice.cc. As a workaround both
files are already in CVS, patched manually, so noone should need to
generate them in any way.

Ciao,
  Simon

--