List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Error compiling kdelibs
From:       Glenn PM <glenpm () usa ! net>
Date:       1999-05-29 22:55:17

Hi,

I had posted this to the general KDE group a couple of days ago and got
no response and noted this thread. Please excuse me for cross posting.

I have RedHat 6.0 and KDE 1.1.1 installed via rpm. I have been trying to
get koffice going and had compiled Python, Mico, Qt 2.0 so far. When I
tried to configure koffice I got this:

checking for KDE libraries installed... configure: error: your system
fails at linking a small KDE application!
Check, if your compiler is installed correctly and if you have used the
same compiler to compile Qt and kdelibs as you did use now

So I then tried to remake kde libs. I configured kdelibs this way:

# ./configure  --disable-nls --with-qt-dir=/usr/src/qt
--with-qt-includes=/usr/src/qt/include
--with-X-includes=/usr/X11R6/include

 And then got this with make:

Font &, bool, bool, bool)
kconfigbase.h:579:                 KConfigBase::writeEntry(const char *,
const Q        Color &, bool, bool, bool)
kconfigbase.cpp:971: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
`KConfigB        ase::writeEntry(const char *, bool, bool, bool, bool)'
kconfigbase.cpp: In method `const char * KConfigBase::writeEntry(const
char *, c        onst class QFont &, bool = true, bool = false, bool =
false)':
kconfigbase.cpp:999: warning: cannot pass objects of type `QString'
through `...        '
kconfigbase.cpp:1001: call of overloaded `writeEntry(const char *&,
QString &, b        ool &, bool &, bool &)' is ambiguous
kconfigbase.cpp:808: candidates are: KConfigBase::writeEntry(const char
*, const         char *, bool, bool, bool)
kconfigbase.cpp:962:                 KConfigBase::writeEntry(const char
*, bool,         bool, bool, bool)
kconfigbase.cpp:977:                 KConfigBase::writeEntry(const char
*, const         QFont &, bool, bool, bool)
kconfigbase.h:579:                 KConfigBase::writeEntry(const char *,
const Q        Color &, bool, bool, bool)
kconfigbase.cpp:1002: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
`KConfig        Base::writeEntry(const char *, const QFont &, bool,
bool, bool)'
kconfigbase.cpp: In method `void KConfigBase::writeEntry(const char *,
const cla        ss QColor &, bool = true, bool = false, bool = false)':

kconfigbase.cpp:1054: call of overloaded `writeEntry(const char *&,
QString &, b        ool &, bool &, bool &)' is ambiguous
kconfigbase.cpp:808: candidates are: KConfigBase::writeEntry(const char
*, const         char *, bool, bool, bool)
kconfigbase.cpp:962:                 KConfigBase::writeEntry(const char
*, bool,         bool, bool, bool)
kconfigbase.cpp:977:                 KConfigBase::writeEntry(const char
*, const         QFont &, bool, bool, bool)
kconfigbase.cpp:1050:                 KConfigBase::writeEntry(const char
*, cons        t QColor &, bool, bool, bool)
make[2]: *** [kconfigbase.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kdelibs-1.1.1/kdecore'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kdelibs-1.1.1'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
[root@localhost /usr/src/kdelibs-1.1.1]

I am clueless about how to resolve this and hope that someone can help
out.

Thasnks,
Glenn