List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kdelibs compile problem
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () carinthia ! com>
Date:       1999-05-23 6:20:26

Ben Burton schrieb:

> Hi.  I'm hoping to help out on the KOffice project here, but I seem to
> have failed test 1; I haven't even got kdelibs compiling!  Any
> suggestions on what might be wrong would be most appreciated.  (error
> below).

AFAIK this is a "Qt-Bug". Before compiling Qt you have to ensure
that -fno-rtti is DELETED in your configuration file (e.g. delete
-fno-rtti in the linux-g++-shared-debug file).

If you need further help just go to http://lists.kde.org and look
for the "Strange linking warnings"-thread (May 20?).
There you can find a "who has the shortest line"-contest for
deleting this flag...

Hope this helps.
Werner