List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kword crashes/templates
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-05 10:28:50

On Wed, 05 May 1999, you wrote:

> hum..
>
> the output was :
>
> artsui (corba): Adding a new style one for id=-9
> partsui (corba): Adding a new style one for id=-11
> parts (corba): OPMainWindow::showEvent()
> entering KWordDocument::init()
> Unknown protocol file
> entering KWordDocument::loadTemplate()
> KWordDocument::loadTemplate() : malformed url : \
>                 "/opt/kde/share/apps/kword/templates/Wordprocessing/TwoColumns.kwt"
> *1) VIEW void KOMBase::refcnt() = 1
> parts (corba): Registering part 1
> Registering menu as 1
>

> I've checked /opt/kde/share/apps/kword/templates/Wordprocessing/TwoColumns.kwt
> is the file, it's readable, the first line is as you said..

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I think I know it now! I guess you have not installed
kdebase from the HEAD branch. There is this thing I reported already once about
KURL - you need to have installed the protocol kdelnk files which get only
installed if you install kdebase. If they are not installed KURL does no know
any protocol (not even file!) and all URLs are then malformed. We really have to
fix that in KURL!

And if it is not that problem, it's in any way a bug in KURL and not in KWord
> -))

Ciao, Reggie

--
Reginald Stadlbauer