List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kword crashes at startup
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1999-05-04 16:25:55

> >If you use it this way, be sure to _not_ set KDEDIR at all or set it
> >to the right place. But I would prefer not using it and using --prefix
> >to configure
>
> I do use  --prefix. I've checked that it works for including files, linking
> lib, and installing stuff. (anyway, it wouldn't compile otherwise)
>
> Though, I've QTDIR and KDEDIR configured to my 'old' kde1.1/qt1.42.

And that's what you _shouldn't_ do. all KDE apps look for $KDEDIR to look
for the files. So if you've set KDEDIR to 1.1.1, kword will look there
(of course).

So just unset KDEDIR  and all apps will work happily together. I always
argued against using KDEDIR.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Stephan Kulow (coolo@kde.org)