List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: RE: kpresenter : AMAZING !
From:       David Faure <faure () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-01 17:03:38

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 12:49:54PM -0400, Bernd Johannes Wuebben wrote:

> > Qt can't save JPEG. But it can save Windows Bitmap (BMP). AFAiK
> > all browsers
> > support BMP. Maybe the best would be to let the user choose if KPresenter
> > should save PNG, BMP or XPM (I love XPM :-)) What do you think - if this
> > sounds ok, I'll implement it.
>
> Small image files are key! Use gif or png if the compression is as good
> as gif. BMP and XPM are out of the question for size reasons. Remember
> people want to be able to browse html presentation online. That's what
> html is all about ...

Yes but qt has no GIF support anymore, for copyright reasons, and png is
not supported by IE.

Yes, people want to browse the html presentation online, that's what it's
all about. But if they can't see it, we missed our goal ! :)

I see no other solution than BMP - except getting the earth rid of IE.

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org