List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: includes
From:       weis () stud ! uni-frankfurt ! de
Date:       1999-04-20 20:15:59

Hi,

Coolo, you have a point here.

There are basically two solutions to your problem:

a) the killu approach.
   Which separates the KOffice stuff entirely.
b) wait for the mico people. With namespaces they can
   avaoid including the complete ORB headers all the time
c) Use Torbens latest idea :-) I did that in the trader.

One just encapsulates as good as possible the whole CORBA interface
with a KDE interface. That means: Map sequences to QValueList, String_var
to QString and so on. I did that in KTrader. That seems to be more or less
the same idea Stephan had. But I can tell you that it really starts to
suck if you have to change the idl interface and map it to the
KDE interface. Everytime you change the IDL, you have to change the KDE
interface by hand and so on. Terrible on the long run.

In a kde library it is worth the efforts I think, but in application code ?
I think I prefer waiting for the compiler a bit longer instead of hacking
a KDE<-> CORBA layer all the time.

Bye
Torben