Hello, Since there were no comments/suggestions about this conversion (except Warwick's help about the QString<->WString issue - Thanks!) I assume that there are no objections, or? If no, then I'd like to start with this. Since I don't have very much time I'd do it in small steps by only changing a few interface methods (and their implementations in OP) and the appropriate calls in the applications (Konqueror and, more important :) , in the KOffice apps) in a step. Helping hands are highly appreciated :-) But there's something I'm still not very happy about: It's the names of the conversion routines, going to be used all over the place :-) In somehow I don't like Q2C and C2Q. Any ideas for better names? (otherwise I'd use them) Ciao, Simon -- Simon Hausmann http://www.kde.org/