List:       koffice
Subject:    Configure errors
From:       John Mark Walker <jmwalker () aya ! yale ! edu>
Date:       1999-04-17 16:59:33

Hi all,

Whenever I try to run configure for kdelibs or kdesupport snapshots, I get the
error:

"cannot locate X includes"

which I very much have.  When I look in config.log, I see where it tries to
compile a small program linking against Xt and it lists the following warning:

"implicit declaration of function XtMalloc"

I did recently upgrade my compiler to egcs 1.1.2.  Does this mean I have to
recompile X first?

Also, all of my X libs are in ld.so.conf, and for what it's worth, I have
RedHat stock 5.2 - well, stock except for the compiler.

I appreciate any help.
-JM