List:       koffice
Subject:    Fwd: What is up with KSiag/KSpread
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-04-08 21:08:21

----- Forwarded message from Mosfet <mosfet@kde.org> -----

Date: 	Fri, 09 Apr 1999 09:56:01 +0000
From: Mosfet <mosfet@kde.org>
To: faure@kde.org
Subject: What is up with KSiag/KSpread

As some of you may remember, I did a port of Siag a long time ago called
KSiag. After the initial release I decided that doing two spreadsheets
(one being KSpread, the other KSiag) was rather redundant so I decided
it would be cool to merge the code that was decent in KSiag into KSpread
(wizards, Guile support, etc...). Well, at the time I was using the
computer given to me by my old employer whose company I left and got
stuck with my old machine. My old machine is a P166/32meg...

As you can guess I did not do much KSpread development after that ;-)
The good news is last week I got a 300Mhz/64meg box which is *much*
better at compiling the KOffice stuff so I should be able to resume
coding. The bad news is I am currently busy doing KDE/QStyle theme
plugins so I probably won't be getting back to KSpread for awhile.

If someone wants to work on the old KDE1.1 KSiag version drop me an
email, but like I said that's a dead end as far as I am concerned.
Otherwise for the KOffice/KSpread work I have to finish some other
projects first.

As an aside, my ISP is currently bouncing emails from several mailing
lists so if you want to contact me please CC me personally :(

Thanks,
Daniel M. Duley
mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com