List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Database Work
From:       Christian Bucher <bucher () vernetzt ! at>
Date:       1999-03-28 19:14:19

Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Mike Barry wrote:
> > KOffice Developers,
> I heared already from some people, that they want to start
> something lke that, but have not seen any results jet.

One of them is probably me. I isolated my work from koffice cause it's
already complicated enough to compile koffice, also without running
a mysql deamon and linking the client stuff.

What I've done till now is isolating a frame from koffice applications
(I'm using the snapshot from 990302). It's possible to connect to
the mysql server and choose a database. In fact thats not very much,
but a database frontend is slight different to the rest of koffice
applications (for example you don't open a file you connect to a
server).

I didn't know about kmysql till know, I'll check it immediately. By the
way I choosed kaccess as name for it. It's designed as a frontend to
mysql, which is in my opinion the best OSS database.

Anyway, it would be great if someone join the project.

christian