dep wrote: > > On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Jo Dillon wrote: > > | It's a bit early to be using KWord in a production environment. I would > |suggest Applixware, StarOffice or Corel WordPerfect (the latter two are, > |AFAIK, free for personal use). All three have varying levels of support > |for MS formats - WordPerfect might be your best bet. What do you mean > |by MS-Mail? > > actually, wp for linux does a pretty crappy job with winword files -- > star office is much better. but if you run star office, you're married > to glibc-2.07. Actually you can run StarOffice with it's own included GlibC without using the system wide version. This is how I made it work on my SlackWare 3.x setup. It's in the readme file. > msmail does html and executes viruses upon receipt, > neither of which most people would find desirable. Maybe we could have K-Mail detect an embedded applet and execute the bsod screen saver ?